Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sick and Tired

I haven't been logged on in a while partially because I have had 2 weeks from hell!! Two sick kids make for a very busy Mommy!

Munchie had the flu about two weeks ago, it was absolutely horrible!! We made it through that ok, with the help of Tylenol suppositories and another suppositories to keep his food down. A few days later he was picking raspberries at my Grandmothers house about two weeks ago and my biggest concern was him finding a snake and trying to make friends with it. Little did I know that two days later he would wake up with poison EVERYWHERE. I was worried because it started out on his face so I called the doctor and of course they wanted to see him. He ended up being put on steroids for 12 days (what a treat!). He has never taken medicine very well so this was a challenge like no other. We tried EVERYTHING to get him to take it, nothing seemed to work though. I finally just added a few drops of soda to it to drown out the taste. Now I know you aren't supposed to do that but I was left with no choice. He ended up finishing the bottle, but it took about a week for the poison to dry up and stop itching. Do you know how hard it is to explain to a four year old that you can't scratch something that itches so bad? I am so thankful that it's over!

The same day we took Munchie to the doctors I decided to take the baby along because she had an unusually large amount of ear wax coming out of one of her ears. She wasn't extremely fussy and she was eating and sleeping fine but I couldn't shake the feeling that something just wasn't right. Boy was I ever right! It turned out she had an ear infection that perforated her ear drum which is what was causing the increase in discharge. She ended up getting ear drops which were a blessing after the struggle we had getting Munchie to take his medicine. But I think the drops had a reverse reaction for the first week because she screamed and cried more than I thought she ever could. Now she's back to being my happy little baby girl, thank goodness!

So I am still absolutely exhausted, why is it that sick and tired go so well together? Everyone is now doing much better, I just pray it stays this way!

1 comment:

  1. Poor babies! And poor mama!! I'm glad everyone is finally feeling better now!! I miss you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete